Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Champagne Cocktail: The Best Part of Waking Up

Another holiday tradition in my family is to enjoy some champagne late Christmas/Thanksgiving morning. I have not really liked the taste of orange juice for awhile now, so I decided to make a very easy twist on a mimosa to mask it somewhat. I call it "the best part of waking up", and it is as delicious as it is beautiful.
Champagne cocktail
Ingredients:
Champagne
OJ
Grenadine
(each in proportions that are suited to you--I tend to go half and half on OJ and champagne)

The key to this drink is getting the layer effect that is somewhat reminiscent of a sunrise. The best way for me (thus far) is to put about 1 tablespoon or so of grenadine at the bottom of the champagne flute--just enough for some color. You don't want to go overboard on grenadine, because it is super sweet. Then, tip the glass slightly, and pour the OJ gently down the side, so as not to disturb the grenadine too much. Finally, top it off with the champagne in the same manner.

I must admit--I can't always get this to work. Sometimes I end up with a sort of orange-red mixed up drink--but it still tastes delicious.

If anyone tries it out and has success, let me know your technique!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...