Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Amazing Pumpkin Biscuits

After including pumpkin in a number of dinners and sides, it occurred to me that I might want to branch out into a pumpkin recipe could be consumed for breakfast. As a simple experiment that would last the week, I opted to try my hand at making spiced pumpkin biscuits.

Pumpkin biscuits

These biscuits are incredible, even when you mess them up (like I did). I think I over-kneaded the dough (and/or perhaps my baking powder wasn't fresh!), as they weren't as flaky as they should have been. I also could not locate any liquid buttermilk in our local Safeway, despite much searching and swearing, so I had to use dry buttermilk. Even though the biscuits turned out slightly more dense than intended, they had great flavor and texture. The boy absolutely loved these, and I would definitely make them again. They're great on their own, or (as I usually ate them) with an egg. They even made for great "bread" for a breakfast sandwich the first day I made them. Delicious!

Each biscuit will come in at around 122 amazing and completely-worth-it calories.

Ease: 7 (ingredients are very simple, but working with bread dough of any kind requires a more delicate touch than I am naturally blessed with)
Taste: 10
Comfort: 9

Pumpkin biscuits

Pumpkin biscuits

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...