Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Pumpkin-sage Polenta

So, as some readers already know, the boy and I reasonably recently got engaged. While it's exciting, apparently this whole planning a wedding thing is super hard work. Who knew! I mean, besides everyone who's ever gotten married, ever . . . Anyway, that whole engagement thing threw me off my healthy game for awhile, but I'm -- as always -- hoping to get back on track.
Beyond that fabulousness, we're still trying to keep up with our pumpkin consumption, and I've recently become particularly enamored of this pumpkin-sage polenta (and variants thereof).

Pumpkin-sage Polenta

I've tried to be conservatively bold with ingrediants this year. I never had polenta before, and finally gave it a shot. And I am so, so glad I did. This recipe is amazing! It tastes rich and decadent but only registers at about 200 calories for a serving. DELICIOUS! And so easy, I think I could make it every week.

Now, if you're anything like me, dry polenta (not the pre-tubed stuff) is tough to find in the store because seriously, what even is that? Here's the hint: Polenta is secretly corn grits. I finally found it in the baking aisle, around the corn meal.

This recipe is also great in any variant, and using some of that pre-packaged parmesan cheese works fine as well. Sometimes, I just start with the milk/water/pumpkin base, and then toss in all kinds of cheese, leave out the sage, etc. Amazingly awesome, and easy to taste-test as you go along.

Ease: 9.75
Taste: 10
Comfort: 9.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...