Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies

In addition to making those beautiful oreo cupcakes, my friend and I decided to finish off the day of baking by making some cookies. Now, I am usually not a fan of chocolate chip cookies. As my husband knows, I rarely make them, not even at Christmas. However, I could not resist these cookies and neither should you: chocolate chip cookies made with ice cream (yes, as part of the batter!) courtesy of Picky Palate.

Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies

The recipe calls for a heaping half cup of ice cream. Even with "heaping" included, our definition of a "half cup" may have been a little liberal. Delicious!

Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies


You can definitely taste the ice cream in the batter (mmmm, vanilla bean) but it doesn't come through as strongly in the final baked product. However, the baked cookies were beautifully and uniquely creamy thanks to the addition of the ice cream. If you like chocolate chip cookies -- or even if you aren't mad about them, like me! -- these are worth trying.

Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ease: 8.5
Taste: 8
Comfort: 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...