Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Lavender Soda

Lavender is not for everybody, but it is definitely for me. I love a delicate floral flavor and can't resist it in anything -- hence my undying love of Traminette. Some days -- rarely, mind you -- I have nothing to do, get bored, and need to distract myself by making something delicious. The result of one such day was lavender soda.

Lavender soda
Lavender soda is very easy to make. All you need is the following:

Ingredients
1. Club soda
2. Lavender buds
3. Sugar
4. Water

1. First, make lavender simple syrup. Put about equal parts (for example 1 cup each) of sugar and water in a saucepan. Fill a tea infuser with lavender buds and put in the sugar/water mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring periodically.


Boil long enough for it to thicken and for the lavender flavor to be fully infused in the simple syrup. I colored it at this point because I wanted a pretty purple hue, and managed to color my hands as well!

Lavender simple syrup


2. Let cool. Possibly refer to a fridge for this step.

Lavender simple syrup

3. Fill glass with ice. Put in some lavender simple syrup -- maybe about an inch. Fill with club soda and add more lavender simple syrup to taste.

Lavender Soda

Welcome to refreshing!

Comfort: 7
Ease: 9
Taste: 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...