Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Herbed Stuffed Chicken Breasts

For an easy weeknight meal that is fairly hands-off, I usually turn to my favorite meat: Chicken. Stuffed chicken breasts are a particularly nice way to have an easy, delicious meal that seems way fancier than it actually is. I tend to use this recipe for herbed stuffed chicken breasts as a base for these dishes.

Herbed Stuffed Chicken Breasts
So, a few notes on these. First, as always, I use New Mexico mild hash chile powder -- hence that beautiful reddish-pinkish coloring. Second, you can easily use thin-sliced chicken breasts -- the only difference is that you fold them in half over the filling instead of slicing the chicken open to stuff it. In fact, I usually use the thin-sliced chicken breasts simply because it makes the recipe a little faster.

I skipped the bacon in the pictured chicken breasts -- too lazy to go through all of that work (yes, I know it really isn't that much)!

These clock in at about 250 calories if you use 4 ounce breasts as a serving (my usual tactic) and 300 calories if you use 6 ounce breasts as a serving (as in the recipe on Cooking Light).

Ease: 9
Taste: 8.75
Comfort: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...