Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Pillows

Time for something completely different! As you know, in addition to cooking, I enjoy other creative outlets. Somewhat recently, I found some beautiful fabric while out shopping with the boy. I can't use a sewing machine to save my life (admittedly, I'm not exactly sure how that would even work), but I thought the fabric would make a great pillow. And it did.

Hand-sewn pillow
Making pillows is surprisingly easy, although it can be time consuming. I simply hand sewed the horse fabric around a 14" craft pillow, then sewed on the trimming (fabric store) and tassels (ebay) on the four corners. It turned out better than I hoped (although obviously a beginner's work), and as hardy as I could have desired. Despite being out on my sister's couch, it has thus far survived all of her cats. Success!

Hand-sewn pillow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...