Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Pumpkin Bread Pudding

My husband loves loves loves bread pudding. He also always complains about the bread pudding we get in restaurants -- no matter where we are, or what variant the bread pudding is, there is always something wrong with it. So, when I set out to make pumpkin bread pudding for his birthday, I was a little nervous that it wouldn't turn out well. And to be honest, while he raved about it, I think it can still be improved upon somewhat. We shall see if and when I make it again!

Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Ingredients
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Pinch allspice
Pinch cloves
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups (roughly 3.5-4 slices) of cubed bread
2 tablespoons melted butter

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease 4 ramekins
2. In a bowl, toss cubed bread with melted butter
3. In another bowl, mix all of the other ingredients together
4. Combine slush with bread cubes
5. Divide squishy bread into the 4 ramekins
6. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean

Bread pudding, by the way? Very, very easy to make; just toss a whole bunch of ingredients together and bake. And the result was also fairly nice, but admittedly lacking in a little pizazz. I'm not sure what I'd change next time -- maybe swap in cream or add butter to make it richer? I'm pretty sure there's no meal that can't be solved with more butter, much to the dismay of my eternally failed attempts to eat healthfully.

Ease: 9
Taste: 5
Comfort: 6

Pumpkin Bread Pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...