Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Blueberry Milk

Like any good kid, I loved chocolate milk when I was younger. In high school, the farm right down the road began carrying other flavored milks, including strawberry and orange cream. Orange cream rapidly became the love of my young life -- I never imagined that flavored milks could be so adventurous! While I have not been able to find orange cream milk for years, much to my dismay, I recently ran into a beautiful recipe at gimme some oven for blueberry milk.

Blueberry Milk
Blueberry milk begins with a simple blueberry syrup of blueberries, sugar, and water.

Blueberry Simple Syrup

Bring to a boil, let simmer until reduced.

Blueberry Simple Syrup

Then, strain if desired (I didn't -- yum blueberry chunks!), and refrigerate.

Blueberry Simple Syrup
 To make the final concoction, just put up to 1/4 cup of blueberry syrup into 1 cup of milk and enjoy. Pure, sweet, decadent bliss.

Blueberry Milk

Ease: 9
Taste: 8.5
Comfort: 9 - oh, childhood relived!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...