Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Apple Grilled Cheese

Who doesn't love grilled cheese? Apparently, the gentleman who blogs on Closet Cooking is particularly in love with it -- and I can't say that I blame him! Unfortunately, I am just not able to enjoy the grilled cheese concoctions he makes directly as they are. So, I modified his caramelized apple grilled cheese to better suit my oh-so-slow metabolism.

Caramelized Apple Grilled Cheese


Slightly-Modified Caramelized Apple Grilled Cheese (Makes 2)
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 dash of cinnamon   
1 apple, sliced
2 slices of light cheddar cheese
4 slices of bread

As per his recipe, saute the apple in butter and brown sugar until soft, then assemble and "grill" sandwich. Using my super low-calorie bread, this came in at 285 calories a sandwich -- yep, that's slimmed down with grilled cheese! I also definitely didn't peel the apple because, yum, apple skin. Pretty darn tasty sandwich all around. Another option is just to make his grilled cheese and split it in half, since my only alterations were halving the filling, and using lower calorie cheese and bread. Either way, it's a tasty spin on an old classic.

Ease: 8
Taste: 8
Comfort: 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...