Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Wedding Cupcake Blitz Begins

Being somewhat compulsive can result in a lot of stress when I run out of things to compulse about. Since we've made such great progess on all of our wedding items thus far, I've decided to add another "to do" to my list in order to feed both my compulsions and belly: Cupcakes. As of now, we've tried out 8 recipes and we have two left to try. Mmmm, delicious experimentation. Today, I'm going to share with you the first recipe--and I think, still the best--that I made: Champagne Cupcakes, courtesy of the fantastic blog, Gimme Some Oven.

Champagne Cupcakes

These cupcakes are amazing. I have now made enough cupcake recipes to realize that using only egg whites is not the norm. Regardless, I am a fan of the whites-only recipes. The texture is incredible: light, fluffy, delicate. The flavor of champagne is subtle; the cupcake itself not overly sweet. What can I say? I am in love with these cupcakes. They work great as miniature cupcakes, and each mini cupcake (complete with a LOT of icing) will clock in at around 100 calories. Obviously, these quick-yet-fancy cupcakes are too delicious and thematically appropriate to be left off of the wedding shortlist.

Ease: 9
Taste: 10
Comfort: 8.5

Champagne Cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...