Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Super Easy Pumpkin Grilled Cheese

It's been awhile since I featured a Hungry Girl recipe on this blog, so I thought I'd share an oldie-but-goodie: pumpkin grilled cheese.

Pumpkin Grilled Cheese
The first time I made this sandwich, it tasted a little too strongly of pumpkin for my taste. So, I knocked the pumpkin down to about 2-3 tablespoons, upped my onion, and was delighted. The boy loved it both ways, so how much pumpkin you put in should depend on how much you love the taste of pumpkin. This easy and tasty sandwich should clock in at around 235 calories if you use low-fat rather than fat-free cheese slices -- which I would recommend. The meltability (totally a word) of low-fat relative to fat-free cheese is so worth that extra 20/25 calories.

Ingredients
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
2 dashes cayenne pepper, or more to taste
Dash black pepper
2 slices light bread
1 slice fat-free cheddar cheese

1. Saute onion
2. Mix sauteed onion with pumpkin, cheese wedge, and pepper

3. Put pumpkin mixture and slice of cheese in between bread slices
4. Grill that sucker until cheese is melted and bread is browned
5. Eat!

Ease: 9
Taste: 7
Comfort: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...