Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Avocado Ice Cream

There were a few moments during Hubble-Telescope's and my relationship when I briefly doubted the foundation of our love. One of those moments was when he revealed that he didn't like avocados -- outrageous! Fortunately, I have obviously since recovered, and his declaration has never really influenced my avocado consumption. Phew, crisis avoided.

This past winter, the Hubs bought me an ice cream maker. Months later, I finally broke it in by making two ice creams back to back. The first, which is the focus of the post today, was Avocado Ice Cream.

Avocado ice cream

Now, I didn't have sour cream on hand, so I used some beautiful fresh plain yogurt instead. It worked perfectly. This ice cream is super easy, super smooth, and super creamy -- and not recommended for anyone who doesn't love avocado. The boy tried a small scoop, deemed it "passable", and didn't touch it again. So I -- hardship of hardships! -- had to scarf the rest. Thank goodness I made only 1/3 of the batch! Also, be warned: this ice cream freezes pretty hard, so it is best eaten the same night it is made.

Ease: 9
Taste:7.75
Comfort: 7

Avocado ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...