Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Chicken Goat Cheese Salads

The statistical consulting group to which I belonged at my old University would have a "farewell" lunch at the end of every semester. Once during this lunch, when I was trying to be healthy, I ordered a salad with a smattering of fruit and what I thought would be a smattering of chicken. It wasn't. It was an entire grilled chicken breast. So much for healthy! But, while that lunch might not have been as low-cal as I was looking for at the time, it was an inspiration for a simple salad that I could make at home.

Chicken Goat Cheese Salad

Ingredients
Chicken breast
Grapes
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Goat cheese
Fat-free thousand island
Horseradish

Steps
1. Cut chicken breast into strips, cook over medium-high heat. Season as desired and cook through. Shred once the chicken is cooled.
2. Throw together lettuce, tomatoes, and grapes
3. Crumble goat cheese on top of salad and a little bit of the chicken.
4. Mix 2-3 tablespoons of thousand island with 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of horseradish, to taste. OR use whatever salad dressing you like. Drizzle over salad and inhale -- this is delicious!

Ease: 9
Taste: 8.5
Comfort: 7.5

Chicken Goat Cheese Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...